Tanzania is one of Africa’s largest countries with a vast network of National Parks and Game Reserves. Approximately 20% of the country has been protected by some of the world’s most famous wildlife areas. These areas have huge concentrations of Africa’s big game and Tanzania is one of the few places that can guarantee easy viewing of the famous Big Five, and is the home of the Great Wildebeest Migration.
Why is Tanzania such a great safari destination?
- Superb wildlife viewing in top-class parks. Two are Unesco World Heritage Sites.
- The annual great migration where over 2.5 million wildebeest and zebra migrate from Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya.
- Authentic African wilderness with unfenced parks, dirt roads and endless plains.
- A wide range of budget, mid-range and luxury safari options.
- Beach holiday extensions on Zanzibar Island, including kite-surfing.
- Best chimp tracking of Africa in Gombe- and Mahale Mountains National Park.
- Extend your safari holiday by climbing Africa’s highest mountain; Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Direct flights from abroad make the northern and southern safari circuits easily accessible.
- Politically stable and generally safe country.